Join our team!

The Mighty Broncos are a Santa Clara University staff, faculty, students, alumni, family, and friends! We all share a connection with SCU and an affinity for physical challenges!

We'd love for you to join us!

Team Events we participate in, and train for together:
Pacific Grove Triathlon (September)
Silicon Valley Tour de Cure (June)

(If you have another suggestion for a team event, please share!)

To join us in the physical challenge, feel free to show up at our weekly practices.

Please subscribe to this blog to receive new posts by e-mail and keep track of what we're up to!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 7 Swim workout

Olympic Distance
Your warm up for the first 10 minutes of practice
6 x 50 distance per stroke (DPS) goal is to drop one stoke on the second 25
500 tempo swim
1 minute rest
4 x 200
Easy 200 warm down

Sprint Distance
Your warm up for the first 10 minutes of practice
4 x 50 distance per stroke (DPS) goal is to drop one stoke on the second 25
300 tempo swim
1 minute rest
4 x 100
Easy 150 warm down

Special treat: Everyone at practice got the opportunity to select 2 new energy foods from my box of power food. For those who are testing out something new, please share with
1. what you tried
2. how it worked for you and
3. would you recommend this product?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for posting our workout!
    Thanks also for the special treats! Here's my experience.
    1. Shot Rocks. These are by Clif. I tried Peanut Butter. They look almost like gumballs... a hard shell. But once you bite through, it's very chewy. I went on a bike ride during lunch and was hungry when I started. I took half a power bar with water. But as I rode, I was still hungry... so I had a couple of these Rocks. They are a little too sweet for me (maybe I need to find a different flavor). But it helped satiate my hunger and I felt strong on the ride! I'd recommend the Shot Rocks.
    2. Sport Beans. I love these! They're like little jelly beans packed with power. I usually have half a package about 10 minutes before a run, with water. Then, if I'm fatigued mid-run, I usually eat 2-3 more. I finish the bag after my run, as they're supposed to help with electrolytes. Highly recommend. Fruit punch, the blue one (forget that flavor) and the green one (sour apple maybe?) are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete