Join our team!

The Mighty Broncos are a Santa Clara University staff, faculty, students, alumni, family, and friends! We all share a connection with SCU and an affinity for physical challenges!

We'd love for you to join us!

Team Events we participate in, and train for together:
Pacific Grove Triathlon (September)
Silicon Valley Tour de Cure (June)

(If you have another suggestion for a team event, please share!)

To join us in the physical challenge, feel free to show up at our weekly practices.

Please subscribe to this blog to receive new posts by e-mail and keep track of what we're up to!

Friday, August 27, 2010

Fund raising - GO!

Hi.

News reports lead us to believe that people are not donating to charity this year. Not true! Betsy, Lindsey and Dee have proved the reports wrong by actively asking their friends, colleagues and family for their support, and offering them the opportunity to make a difference. They have proved with absolute certainty that people are willing to give and make a difference if asked and given the opportunity.

This is a team of wonderful, caring people. We are nearing the starting blocks, or should I say sandy beach, of the Pacific Grove Triathlon. It's a mere 16 days away. You are stronger mentally and physically, and better prepared, than you were when we began training in June. Your confidence and strength show. Let's enter our final stretch with strong fund raising efforts, with the strength of the Mighty Broncos that we have become. All we ask is that you send one letter from your heart to your friends, family and colleagues; just one letter asking them to support you, the team, and LLS. I know that we are all overwhelmed and that fund raising takes too much time and is "too hard," but we can do this.

I am not asking you to do more than I will do. This week I will send my final letters to my contacts who have not yet contributed, and ask for their help. I don't know how many will give, but I know with absolute certainty that if I don't ask, no one will give. Of the 42 people I email, maybe three will answer the call and move us closer to reaching our common goal to support LLS as it works to eliminate blood cancers.

Please be strong in the stretch. This event isn't about us as individuals, and it is much more than swimming, biking and running. It is about giving and working together. It is about self-actualization, leadership, volunteering and making a difference in the world.

I am here for you if you need my help. Go Team!

Bill

BillHirsch1@gmail.com
cell: 858-213-9088

No comments:

Post a Comment